Alternative Realities does not accept submissions that are not specifically tied in to submissions events. We are what the more pretentious side of Matthew might call a ’boutique’ publisher. If anything is submitted outside of the windows, it will be deleted without reply.
All submissions windows follow the same guidelines (bar the actual briefing details), so have been set out below.
Be original! Nothing is as infuriating as reading a story that’s formulaic! Let’s be exciting, produce stories and worlds that the public could never believe existed, have fun and establish Alternative Realities as a kick arse group of writers.
All submissions should:
1) Adhere to the word count set out in the submission window guidelines.
2) Follow the rules contained within the Alternative Realities in-house formatting rules
3) In your email, include your full details (name/address/telephone number/email address) as per the SMF.
4) Be sent to email@example.com as .doc documents with the email subject header “ANTHOLOGY NAME/SURNAME/WORD COUNT”.
5) Document to be named ANTHOLOGY NAME_SURNAME.
6) Previously published stories WILL NOT be considered for any anthology.
7) Authors will retain copyright.
8) Multiple submissions up to a maximum of two stories per author can be submitted.
9) We will pay royalties after cost per story published in ebook and paperback form (POD only). We do not currently pay advances.
10) All authors will get an ebook and, where possible, a hard copy of the book as well.
One thing that we guarantee is that all authors – should they so wish – will be given feedback on the stories that they submit. This feedback could be as simple as ‘Didn’t follow the guidelines’ as well as some pointers through to a number of ways that they could improve their writing, or why we didn’t feel that the story didn’t fit. Of course, if you’re happy with a straight forward rejection letter, we’ll stick to that.